Sunday, August 19, 2007

Want a cinammon roll at the Sealy Holiday Inn Express? Forgetaboutitttttttttttt!


After dropping my son off at college, I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Sealy, Texas. While the person who took my reservation told me that breakfast was served at 6:30 a.m., I got up to check out at 6 a.m. to see one of their famed cinnamon rolls in their kitchen.


Alas, the door was locked, and the night clerk would not allow me in to sample one of their famous rolls. I've stayed at this chain several times and I have had breakfast before opening time at this and other hotels.


And, when this chain makes it a point of advertising these rolls, it's a crime for them not to serve me at least one.


So, as a true six-percenter, I took the time to look up the customer service feedback to write to the holding company for Holiday Inn to let them know that this was the first time that one of their hotels wouldn't at least give me a roll for the road.


I am hoping that I will get more than the usual apology form letter. When I had a bad experience at the Drury Inn, I contacted their service folks. I got a nice letter, a call from their manager and a free stay at the hotel when I was back in Houston.


I know some people would accept poor service and never say anything, but I think it's only reasonable to have a hotel that allows me to provide services that they advertise and not take my key through a slot and return my credit card receipt.


Here's hoping that the folks at Holiday Inn are serious about their customer service, just as much as they are about promoting their great cinammon rolls.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont you have anything better to do with you time.

Anonymous said...

I should myself considering that I maybe the only one reading this stuff

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP. I bet your mom just beat you for fun! I have never seen so much crybaby crap in my life.

If you want really good service you should step it up and spend a little more $ on your hotels.

Is this what you do for a living? Holy Whiner Complainers batman you need a life! GET ONE IF YOU CAN to save the internet from your repetitive crying about service.