Monday, August 20, 2007

Why it will be a long time before I eat at the Trilogy again

My son, Peter and I had pizza at Trilogy Pizza, the best deep dish pizza in San Antonio.  The service was poor, the pizza cold, and I took the time to email my comments to the owner.  Did the owner call me to discuss my pizza or offer to buy the next one?  Nope.  I saw him at a business luncheon where he told me he saw my comment.

It's been a week since I sent him the email, so it wouldn't have taken him more than two minutes to call so he could have told me that he was sorry that my last experience was so poor and told me that he would take care of my next visit to his restaurant.   He smiled and said he was sorry.

His reaction made me think of a sign I saw at Bigz Restaurant.  It said simply that the cost of making a hamburger to a customer's satisfaction was cheaper than losing a customer.  Well, as much as I love the deep dish pizza at Trilogy, I have a lot of other choices for my business.   Here's hoping that John, the owner, realizes that he has lost my business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are relieved also

Anonymous said...

CHEEZE AND CRACKERS you are a silly man. Not to mention what appears to be a need to correct everyone in your path. I betcha John, the owner, was just as happy to hear that you would not be back as the people at Holiday Inn Express. You should do more good in helping out with charities for children or animals than to complain about cold pizza. what a waste of effort.